More documentation necessary to replace, renew ID cards

9/17/2008 - RANDOLPH AFB, Texas (AFRN)  -- Homeland Security Directive 12 now requires retirees and family members seeking to renew or replace a military identification card to provide two types of ID.

Retirees and family members needing identification cards must have two of the following types of current identification -- one of which must include a photo:

--  Driver's license or ID issued by a state or outlying U.S. commonwealth or possession

--  ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities

--  School ID card with a photograph

--  Voter's registration card

--  U.S. military ID card

--  U.S. passport

--  Certificate of U.S. citizenship

--  Certificate of naturalization

For persons younger than18, who are unable to present a document previously listed, they may bring:

--  School record or report card

--  Clinic, doctor or hospital record

--  Day-care or nursery school record

The listing above is not all inclusive. A list of acceptable documents can be found at, Page 4.

Before visiting a military ID card issuing facility, people may want to call first to determine what specific documents may be required, and to verify the process to renew or replace an ID card. For contact information and the location of the nearest ID card issuing facility, visit On this Web site, people can search by city, state or ZIP code.