Air Force Retirees Services   Right Corner Banner
Home SBP Afterburner News Library Council RAOs Resources Subscribe Questions Join the Air Force


Address Changes -- Air Force retired members and Survivor Benefit Plan annuitants should call the Defense Finance and Accounting Service at 800-321-1080 to change their correspondence address. Those people with a myPay account can make the change online -- click here. The fax number is 800-469-6559 for retirees and 800-982-8459 for annuitants. The address is DFAS, US Military Retirement Pay, PO Box 7130, London KY 40742-7130 for retired members; and DFAS, US Military Annuitant Pay, PO Box 7131, London KY 40742-7131 for annuitants. ONLY survivors who are not SBP annuitants may change their address by writing to AFPC/DPFFF, 550 C ST W, JBSA-Randolph AFB TX 78150.  See below for contact information on notifying DEERS, Medicare, TRICARE, the Social Security Administration, and other agencies as appropriate. 

Administration on Aging -- The mission of AoA is to develop a comprehensive, coordinated and cost-effective system of home and community-based services that helps elderly individuals maintain their health and independence in their homes and communities. For more information, visit

Adult Day Care -- Adult Day Care Centers are designed to provide care and companionship for seniors who need assistance or supervision during the day. The program offers relief to family members or caregivers and allows them the freedom to go to work, handle personal business or just relax while knowing their relative is well cared for and safe. For more information, click here.

Air Force Retiree Services - Manages the retiree activities program and supports the Air Force Retiree Council; advises the Air Force retirement community. The address is: HQ AFPC/DPFFF, 550 C ST W, JBSA-Randolph AFB TX 78150; 210-565-4663. Email can be sent to .

Air Force Aid Society -- Contact the Airman & Family Readiness Flight on any Air Force base, or go to the society's website at  Phone 800-769-8951.

Air Force Enlisted Village -- The Air Force Enlisted Village was founded in 1967 to provide a safe, secure and dignified place for indigent surviving spouses of retired Air Force personnel. The village's primary goal and focus is to provide a home and financial assistance to these spouses. Write to Air Force Enlisted Village, 92 Sunset Lane, Shalimar, FL 32579-1000. Phone 850-651-3766 or toll free 800-258-1413. Send email to The Web address is

Air Force Villages Inc. -- A continuing care retirement community also known as Blue Skies of Texas primarily catering  to retired and honorably separated officers and their spouses, surviving spouses and elderly family members. Write to Blue Skies of Texas, 5100 John D. Ryan Blvd., San Antonio, TX 78245. Call 210-568-3404 or toll free 800-655-3083. Send email to The Web address is

Air Force Wounded Warrior Program - Call 800-581-9437, or send email to  Visit the website at

Arlington National Cemetery - Write to Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA 22211.  For general information, location of gravesites, and visitor information call 877-907-8585.  Please note that the Arlington National Cemetery staff does not make pre-arrangements. Visit the Web site at  
Armed Forces Recreation Centers:

Dragon Hill, Seoul - Call 011-82-2-790-0016. The email address for reservation is  The fax number is 011-82-2-790-1576. Visit the website at
New Sanno Hotel, Tokyo - The website address is  Phone 011-81-3-3440-7871.  For room reservations send email to Visit the website at
Hale Koa Hotel, Hawaii - Write to Hale Koa Hotel, 2055 Kalia Road. Honolulu, HI 96815-1998. For room reservations call toll free 800-367-6027, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hawaiian time daily except Sundays and federal holidays. The Web address is
Shades of Green Resort in Orlando, Fla. - Write to Shades of Green, 1950 W. Magnolia Palm Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.  Phone 407-824-3400. For reservations call toll free 888-593-2242, or fax 407-824-3665. Send email to The Web site address is
Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, Germany - Write to Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, Attn: Vacation Planning Center, Unit 24501, APO AE 09053. Send email to  For reservation information call 011-49-8821-9440, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CET. Visit the website at

Armed Forces Retirement Home -- AFRH-Gulfport, 1800 Beach Drive, Gulfport, MS 39507; AFRH-Washington, 3700 N. Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011. For information about either location, visit  Phone toll free at 800-422-9988 and select option 1, or send email to

Armed Forces Vacation Club -- The Armed Forces Vacation Club is a space-available program offering Department of Defense-affiliated people affordable condominium vacations at more than 3,500 resorts worldwide.  For more information, visit

Awards and Decorations Listing -- Click here.

Awards and Decorations Requests -- Retired Airmen requesting initial issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations and awards should click here for instructions.

Burial at Sea - Click here, or call 800-368-3202.

Casualty Assistance - Call toll free 877-353-6807. Overseas callers should contact the nearest U.S. Embassy.

DEERS Telephone Center - Phone 800-334-4162 (Calif.); 800-527-5602 (Alaska and Hawaii); or 800-538-9552 (all other states).  Visit DEERs online at

Delta Dental Plan for Retirees -- For inquiries call 888-838-8737 or visit    

Identification Cards - Call 800-525-0102 for location of the nearest issuing facility, or to visit the site locator, click here.  

Legal Offices can assist people with preparing wills and powers of attorney, and answer certain legal questions. People can visit the new Air Force Legal Assistance website at The website is designed for active-duty and reserve component members, retirees and dependents.

The General and Mrs. Curtis E. LeMay Foundation is a national organization which provides financial assistance to widows of all retired Air Force personnel.  It offers financial help to indigent widows needing assistance -- wherever they are residing -- for as long a period as necessary, even for a lifetime.  Write to The General and Mrs. Curtis LeMay Foundation, 17050 Arnold Drive, Riverside, CA 92518.  Phone toll free 800-729-2999. The website is at  Send email to

Locating Air Force Retirees or Active-duty Airmen - The AF World Wide Locator handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense. All other requests are considered unofficial in nature. The locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the USAF (active duty, Guard, reserve, retired, and civil service personnel). If the individual has separated, no information is available.  Write a letter to the person you are trying to locate, seal it in a stamped envelope, enter your return address (including retired grade) and send letter and addressee's name, grade and Social Security number or service number in another envelope to AFPC/DPDXIDL, 550 C Street West Ste 50, JBSA Randolph TX 78150-4752.  

Lodging Reservations - Air Force, 888-235-6343 (AF-LODGE) -- after the prompt, dial first three digits of base name -- or visit; Army, 800-462-7691 (GO-ARMY-1) or visit; Navy, 800-628-9466 (NAVY INN) or visit; Marine Corps, visit

Medical Records -- Most official military personnel files archived at the National Personnel Records Center before 1992 contain both personnel and active-duty health records. Health records cover outpatient, dental, and mental health treatment which a former member received while in the military service. Health records documents include induction and separation physical examinations, and routine medical care (doctor/dental visits, lab tests, etc.) when the patient was not admitted to a hospital.

In comparison, clinical (hospital inpatient) records are NOT filed with the health records but are generally retired to NPRC by the hospital or facility which created them. Other medical records which would not be included are Department of Veterans Affairs records or records for service after 1992.

The practice of filing health records with the personnel record portion has been discontinued. On May 1, 1994 (June 1 for reservists), the Air Force began retiring most of its former members' health records to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The Department of Veterans Affairs, Records Management Center, St. Louis, MO, maintains the active-duty health records or manages their whereabouts when on loan within the VA. Call the VA at 800-827-1000 to identify the current location of specific health records and to find out how to obtain releasable documents or information.

Dependents' medical records are forwarded to an NPRC depository at 111 Winnebago St., St. Louis, MO 63118-4126 two years after the sponsor retires.

Medicare - 800-633-4227 or visit

Military Funeral Honors -- Click here or call 877-645-4667.

Military Personnel Records Requests -- Written requests are required by law to obtain copies of selected documents or information from official military personnel records.

Airmen retired before Oct. 1, 2004, should contact the National Personnel Records Center. Phone 314-801-0800. Submit a Standard Form 180 or letter of request to National Archives at St. Louis, National Personnel Records Center (Military), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138. Request letters must include the Airman's name, Social Security number, contact information and specific record requested. Those requesting a relative's record also need to provide their relationship to the former Airman. For request details, click here.

Airmen who retired on or after Oct 1, 2004, can request copies of records by submitting a Standard Form 180 or letter of request to AFPC/DPSIR, 550 C ST. W, JBSA-Randolph AFB TX 78150; fax 210-565-4021, or DSN 665-4021. Request letters must include the Airman's name, Social Security number, contact information and specific record requested. Those requesting a relative's record also need to provide their relationship to the former Airman.

National Resource Directory - This directory is a Web-based network of care coordinators, providers and support partners with resources for wounded, ill and injured servicemembers, veterans, their families, families of the fallen and those who support them. Located at

Pay - Call the Defense Finance and Accounting Service-Cleveland Center toll free at 800-321-1080; commercial 216-522-5534; fax 800-469-6559. SBP annuitants may use the same voice toll-free number, but the fax is 800-982-8459.  Click here to visit the DFAS website. 

Reporting a Retiree/Annuitant Death -- Click here.

Retiree Casualty Assistance Checklist -- Click here.

Social Security - Call toll free 800-772-1213; commercial 410-965- 8019; or write to Social Security Administration, Office of Public Inquiries, Windsor Park Building, 6401 Security Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21235. Visit the website at for more information. 

Space-available Travel - The best resource is to contact the nearest military passenger terminal. The terminal staff will have the most current information. If you plan to use space-A travel, contact the passenger terminal where you plan to depart from for current flight information and assistance. You can also contact the passenger terminals you will be using along your travel route. Click here for general information about the space-A program and a listing of passenger terminals with contact information. 

Survivor Benefit Plan - Call or visit the Airman & Family Readiness Center at the nearest Air Force installation or call 210-565-2273. 

TRICARE - The website is Choose from one of four regional numbers: West, 877-988-9378; North, 877-874-2273; and South, 800-444-5445. If you are a TRICARE- for-Life member, you can call 866-773-0404. Call the TRICARE Information Center at 877-363-6337.  For TRICARE Retiree Delta Dental Plan inquiries call 888-838-8737 or visit

TRICARE Mail-Order Pharmacy Program (Express Scripts, Inc.) -- In United States, call toll free 866-363-8667; or overseas, call 866-275-4732. Visit the website at

Veterans Affairs - For benefit inquiries call 800-827-1000; life insurance 800-669-8477; status of headstones and markers, 800-697-6947; special issues such as Gulf War/radiation/Agent Orange/Project Shad call 800-749-8387; and GI Bill and education matters call 888-442-4551. Visit the website at

 Inside AF Retirees

ima cornerSearch

tabQuick Contacts
Defense Finance and Accounting Service-Cleveland
Click here 
(800) 321-1080

Military Records 
For Airmen who retired BEFORE Oct 1, 2004,  click here 
Phone: (314) 801-0800

For Airmen who retired ON or AFTER  Oct. 1, 2004, click here
Phone: (800) 525-0102

Air Force Worldwide Locator
Click here
(210) 565-2660

Air Force Awards and Decorations 
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST
(210) 565-2516
Click here

Social Security Administration
Click here
(800) 772-1213

Click here

Veterans Affairs
Click here
(800) 827-1000

Army & Air Force 
Exchange Service

Click here
(800) 527-6790 

Defense Commissary Agency
Click here 

Air Force Freedom of Information Act
Click here

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act